Although RPSs have historically focused on electricity generation, fourteen states now include renewable thermal power for heat generation. CESA has republished a report on how states across the country are incorporating renewable thermal technologies into their RPS programs, “Renewable Thermal in State Renewable Portfolio Standards.” Additionally, CESA published a series of case studies, including New Hampshire’s leading, innovative thermal RPS program – read that report here.
In this webinar, report author Samantha Donalds will provide a broad overview of the issues involved in incorporating renewable thermal in state RPSs and will discuss trends among state RPSs. Then, guest speakers from New Hampshire, Oregon, and Vermont will discuss the inclusion of renewable thermal in their state’s RPS program. There will be time to address questions from the audience.
- Samantha Donalds, Clean Energy States Alliance
- Karen Cramton, New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission
- Deandra Perruccio, New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission
- Rebecca Smith, Oregon Department of Energy
- Andy Perchlik, Vermont Public Service Department
- Val Stori, Clean Energy States Alliance (moderator)
This webinar is presented by the Clean Energy States Alliance (CESA) for the RPS Collaborative. More information and resources are available at www.cesa.org/projects/renewable-portfolio-standards.