Slides from this webinar are available as a pdf here.
US Department of Energy has several new, large funding budgets for energy storage projects, research and development. Within the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, there is $500 million for long duration energy storage prototypes, pilot projects and market creation. There are also other large funds for which energy storage projects may qualify: for example, the newly created Office of Clean Energy Demonstrations has $1 billion for large-scale demonstration projects. This webinar featured speakers from the national laboratories and US DOE, who explained how and when these federal dollars will become available, who can qualify, and how to apply.
- Dr. Imre Gyuk, US Department of Energy
- Ben Shrager, US Department of Energy
- Katrina Pielli, US Department of Energy
- Russ Weed, CleanTech Strategies LLC
- Dan Borneo, Sandia National Laboratories
- Todd Olinsky-Paul, Clean Energy States Alliance (moderator)
This webinar was a presentation of the Energy Storage Technology Advancement Partnership (ESTAP). ESTAP is a federal-state funding and information sharing project that aims to accelerate the deployment of electrical energy storage technologies in the U.S. ESTAP is funded by the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Electricity, managed by Sandia National Laboratories, and administered by the Clean Energy States Alliance. Learn more at https://www.cesa.org/projects/energy-storage-technology-advancement-partnership/
Links Provided by Webinar Speakers
- Mine Land RFI: https://www.energy.gov/articles/biden-administration-launches-500-million-program-transform-mines-new-clean-energy-hubs
- EESEE RFI: https://www.energy.gov/oe/articles/long-duration-energy-storage-everyone-everywhere-initiative-notice-intent-and-request
- RFI for 40209: https://www.energy.gov/articles/biden-harris-administration-advances-750-million-program-strengthen-clean-energy
- The full list of OCED provisions: https://www.energy.gov/office-clean-energy-demonstrations
- ESGC email list is on this page: https://www.energy.gov/energy-storage-grand-challenge/energy-storage-grand-challenge
- For all OCED provisions, meeting requests, and to be added to the mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org