Slides from this webinar are available as a pdf here.
Recognizing that solar installations can benefit from pollinator-friendly ground cover, many states have taken action to promote this promising solar PV design and management approach. In this webinar, hosted by the Clean Energy States Alliance (CESA), panelists discussed states’ pollinator-friendly solar initiatives. Georgena Terry provided an overview of a recent CESA report on this topic; Rob Davis, the Director of the Center for Pollinators in Energy at Fresh Energy, presented on his organization’s efforts to promote pollinator-friendly solar; and Rene Hypes, Benjamin Inskeep, and Dan Shaw shared information about specific state programs in this area. The presentations were followed by a Q&A with the audience.
• Rob Davis, Director of the Center for Pollinators in Energy, Fresh Energy
• Rene Hypes, Environmental Review Coordinator, Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation
• Benjamin Inskeep, Principal Energy Policy Analyst, EQ Research
• Dan Shaw, Senior Ecologist & Vegetation Specialist, Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources
• Georgena Terry, Research Associate, Clean Energy States Alliance
Moderator: Nate Hausman, Project Director, Clean Energy States Alliance
For more on this topic, see CESA’s January 2020 report, “State Pollinator-Friendly Solar Initiatives.”
This webinar is presented by the Clean Energy States Alliance.