OSW Webinar: Building the U.S. Offshore Wind Supply Chain, SESSION #3
February 15, 2011 @ 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM
This webinar is the third in a three-part series presented by the U.S. Offshore Wind Collaborative and CESA for state energy and environmental officials.
For coastal and Great Lakes states working to help launch the U.S. offshore wind energy industry, the offshore wind supply chain represents an important opportunity to stimulate state and regional economic development. The first two webinars in this series presented a roadmap of the offshore wind supply chain from turbines to vessels; reviewing successes and challenges, current constraints, and strategies moving forward in the world-leading UK offshore wind market. This webinar focused on offshore wind supply chain initiatives in three regions of the U.S. and explored opportunities for states to work together to accelerate development of a robust offshore wind market in this country.
- Neil Rondorf described the offshore wind supply chain initiative happening in Virginia, including opportunities and challenges (slides)
- Fred Hashway described the offshore wind supply chain initiative happening in Rhode Island, including opportunities and challenges (slides)
- Fred Hashway, Director of Government Affairs, Policy and Innovation, Rhode Island Economic Development Corporation
- Neil Rondorf, Vice President for Maritime Operations, SAIC
- Patrick Fullenkamp, Director of Technical Services , Great Lakes Wind Network