Domestic Lithium: What The US Government is Doing to Increase Supply
October 10, 2023 @ 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM ET
The US Department of Energy is making large investments to increase the domestic supply of battery-grade lithium. Increased domestic production will have a significant impact on the accessibility and cost of lithium, which is essential to increased production of electric vehicles and stationary battery storage. Join us to hear from a panel of experts on how the US is advancing domestic lithium production and the expected impacts this will have on lithium-ion battery market trends.
- Dr. Imre Gyuk, US Department of Energy, Office of Electricity
- Parans Paranthaman, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Ihor Hlova, Ames National Laboratory
- Alexandra Prisjatschew, Geothermal Technologies Office
- Todd Olinsky-Paul, Clean Energy States Alliance (moderator)
This webinar was a presentation of the Energy Storage Technology Advancement Partnership (ESTAP). ESTAP is a federal-state funding and information sharing project that aims to accelerate the deployment of electrical energy storage technologies in the US. ESTAP is funded by the US Department of Energy Office of Electricity under the direction of Dr. Imre Gyuk; managed by Sandia National Laboratories; and administered by the Clean Energy States Alliance.