Building a Resilient Workforce: The Detroit Clean Energy Contractor Accelerator Program
May 3, 2023 @ 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM ET
As solar+storage is more widely adopted, it’s essential that organizations led by Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) can both access these technologies as well as participate in the development and implementation of resilient power systems. This Clean Energy Group webinar spotlighted the Detroit Clean Energy Contractor Accelerator program, which works to prepare local BIPOC contractors to lead the clean energy transition in Detroit and greater Michigan.
The Accelerator program, led by Elevate Energy and American Microgrid Solutions with participation from community partners including Ryter Cooperative Industries, works closely with the City of Detroit on an initiative led by Eastside Community Network. The Resilient Eastside Initiative strategically leverages resources, services, and resilient infrastructure to build resilience hubs across Detroit, which will include the installation of solar+storage systems. Hubs will include access to broadband and other services that support community members during extreme weather and power outages.
- Tim Skrotzki, Senior Market Development Lead, Elevate Energy
- Elizabeth Wallace, Senior Program Manager, Elevate Energy
- Karanja Famodou, Chief Operating Officer, Ryter Cooperative Industries
- Nate Mills, Vice President of Operations, American Microgrid Solutions
- Richard Ackerman, Chief Sustainability Officer, Eastside Community Network
Moderator: Marriele Mango, Project Director, Clean Energy Group
This webinar was presented by Clean Energy Group’s Resilient Power Project.