Not all community solar is created equal. As part of their effort to ensure that community solar implementation can serve all communities, Energy Allies (formerly Solstice Initiative) has been pioneering research into contracts to gain perspective on how the public views community solar product offerings. Funded by the Department of Energy, Energy Allies collected survey data across eight states to understand preferences and expectations for community-solar projects.
In this webinar, hosted by the Clean Energy States Alliance, representatives from Energy Allies presented their research findings with commentary from Energy Outreach Colorado and Loyola University Chicago, and NYC Environmental Justice Alliance. There was a moderated discussion and audience questions were addressed.
- Yesenia Rivera, Energy Allies
- Zahra Thani, Energy Allies
- Jake Ford, Solstice Initiative
- Summer Sandoval, Community Solar Advocate
- Kim Shields, Energy Outreach Colorado
- Gilbert Michaud, Loyola University Chicago
- Daniel Chu, NYC Environmental Justice Alliance
- Abbe Ramanan, Clean Energy States Alliance (moderator)