Behind-the-Meter Solar+Storage Market Data and Trends
August 19, 2021 @ 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM ET
More than 50,000 customer-sited, behind-the-meter solar+storage systems have been installed in the U.S., with the market expanding every year. Despite the growing demand for solar+storage at homes and businesses across the country, little information has been publicly available about the state of the market. To fill that void, Berkeley Lab released an in-depth analysis of this emerging market, Behind-the-Meter Solar+Storage Market Data and Trends.
The report provides valuable insight into important solar+storage topics including:
- How much behind-the-meter solar+storage has been installed and where
- Typical system sizes and configurations
- The cost of adding storage to behind-the-meter solar
- The economics of adding storage to solar
- How much backup power solar+storage can provide
- How many solar installers have experience with battery storage
In this Clean Energy Group webinar, report authors described how the research was conducted, presented key findings from the report, and answered questions from attendees.
- Galen Barbose, Research Scientist – Electricity Markets and Policy Department, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Salma Elmallah, Graduate Student Researcher – Electricity Markets and Policy Department, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Will Gorman, Graduate Student Researcher – Electricity Markets and Policy Department, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Seth Mullendore, Vice President, Clean Energy Group
This webinar was presented by Clean Energy Group’s Resilient Power Project. Learn more at www.resilient-power.org.