Investment Tax Credit Fact Sheets: Bonus Credit Program
These fact sheets introduce each of the six bonus credits available within the Investment Tax Credit (ITC) for solar, wind, and storage projects. These fact sheets share who is eligible to apply for each credit and which credits can be paired together.
The two stackable credits:
- 10% bonus credit for projects located in an “energy community”
- 10% bonus credit for projects that meet domestic manufacturing requirements
The four credits within the Low-Income Communities Bonus Credit Program:
- 10% bonus for projects located in a low-income community
- 10% bonus for projects located on Tribal Land
- 20% bonus for projects when the facility is part of a qualified low-income residential project
- 20% bonus for projects when the facility is part of a qualified low-income economic benefit project
Each fact sheet will be updated periodically as new information becomes available. Last updated February 2023.
Learn about how and when to apply for these bonus credits along with answers to other frequently asked questions, in a February 2023 blog post, What Nonprofits Need to Know about the Investment Tax Credit.
Share this publication:
Author(s): Anna Adamsson
Published By: Clean Energy Group
Project: Clean Energy Finance, Resilient Power Project
Type: Fact Sheet
Technologies: Energy Storage, Solar+Storage