Job Opening: Part-Time Project Assistant
Clean Energy Group, a leading nonprofit advocacy organization working in the areas of clean energy policy and finance, seeks a part-time Project Assistant. This individual will work on state and municipal energy policy, focusing primarily on our Resilient Power Project. For more information about CEG’s Resilient Power Project, see www.resilient-power.org.
Location: Montpelier, VT
Availability: This is a part-time position for ten to fifteen hours per week in our Montpelier office. Work schedule can be fixed or flexible. The position will begin as soon as the successful applicant is found.
The Project Assistant will carry out research, writing, data collection and data entry, and administrative tasks related to Clean Energy Group’s Resilient Power Project:
- Assist with compiling information and writing content for our weekly and monthly project newsletters
- Prepare basic research and produce short summary memos on issues, news stories, emerging programs and technologies, as assigned.
- Maintain project databases
- Post updates to social media pages
Desired Qualifications and Experience
This position is appropriate for a graduate student, a college graduate, or an upper-level undergraduate with relevant academic training. Desired qualifications and experience include:
- Knowledge of energy issues and renewable energy technologies
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with social media
- GIS experience a plus
Pay Rate: $16 - $19 per hour depending on educational background and relevant experience.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, two references, and a writing sample via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For the email’s subject line, use “Project Assistant 2015.” Applications are due by May 27, 2015.
Clean Energy Group is an equal opportunity employer. Clean Energy Group does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, ancestry, non-job related disability, or status as a veteran.