Program Associate for Clean Energy Group
Clean Energy Group (CEG), a leading nonprofit advocacy organization working in the areas of clean energy policy and finance, seeks a Program Associate. This individual will work on state and municipal energy policy, focusing primarily on our Resilient Power Project. For more information about CEG’s Resilient Power Project, see http://www.cleanegroup.org/ceg-projects/resilient-power-and-climate/.
Location: Montpelier, VT
Availability: This is a part-time position commencing immediately and ending April 30, 2015. Ten to twenty hours per week.
Description of Position:
The Program Associate will carry out research, writing, data collection and administrative tasks on municipal and state level clean energy policies to support our Resilient Power Project in our Montpelier office. The Associate will devote considerable attention to solar energy systems with battery storage, but will also work on projects involving other technologies such as CHP, fuel cells and microgrids.
- Provide research information and analysis to support our Resilient Power Project newsletter and website.
- Monitor resilient power/solar energy storage technology and market trends, relevant federal, state and municipal programs, project deployments and policy developments, industry news and related subjects (such as extreme weather events and climate change) in order to communicate relevant information to stakeholders.
- Research and draft white papers, blogs and memos on state and municipal clean energy policies and on strategies to implement resilient power projects.
- Carry out research tasks to assist CEG project directors.
- Develop and maintain a contact database for this project.
- Follow up on leads to support project development.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong writing and communication skills – provide a writing sample.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Submit cover letter, resume, two references, and salary requirements via email to email@example.com. Subject Line: Program Associate Temp. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
CEG is an equal opportunity employer. CEG does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, ancestry, non-job related disability, or status as a veteran.