In an effort to seed long-term, community-led programs that further advance energy equity and environmental justice, Clean Energy Group has launched the Resilient Power Leadership Initiative. Through this initiative, Leadership Grants have been awarded to seven nonprofit organizations working in the areas of affordable community housing, environmental justice, energy equity, and sustainability. Grant recipients will use the awards to develop resilient power awareness and implementation strategies in the low-income communities that they serve.
The seven grant recipients are:
- California Environmental Justice Alliance (Oakland and Huntington Park, CA)
- The Greenlining Institute (Oakland, CA)
- LINC Housing Corporation (Long Beach, CA)
- Preservation of Affordable Housing (POAH) (Boston, MA)
- Sust’āinable Molokai (Kaunakakai, HI)
- THE POINT Community Development Corporation (Bronx, NY)
- WE ACT for Environmental Justice (New York, NY)
This fact sheet provides an overview of the grant recipients and details on how they will use their awards.