Slides from this webinar are available as a pdf here.
Commissioning is the last major step before an energy storage system can become operational but planning for commissioning should not be left to the end of project development. Instead, project teams should consider the commissioning process from the beginning, during the design phase.
This webinar featured speakers who have developed energy storage projects. Panelists shared how they approached the commissioning process, what they learned, and what they would recommend project teams do to help make commissioning run as smoothly as possible.
- Dr. Imre Gyuk, Director of Energy Storage Research, DOE Office of Electricity
- Dan Borneo, Engineering Project/Program Lead, Sandia National Laboratories
- Dave Galarowicz, Lead Engineer, Alliant Energy
- Clay Koplin, CEO, Cordova Electric Cooperative
- Todd Olinsky-Paul, Clean Energy States Alliance (moderator)
This webinar was a presentation of the Energy Storage Technology Advancement Partnership (ESTAP). ESTAP is a federal-state funding and information sharing project that aims to accelerate the deployment of electrical energy storage technologies in the U.S. ESTAP is funded by the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Electricity, managed by Sandia National Laboratories, and administered by the Clean Energy States Alliance.