In this webinar, the Brookings Institution, Clean Energy Group and the Council of Development Finance Agencies (CFDA) discussed their newly released paper, “Clean Energy Finance through the Bond Market: A New Option for Progress.”
The paper and the webinar each address a critical question in the clean energy sector: How will clean energy development be financed in a period of federal paralysis?
The paper’s answer: state and local bond finance, a powerful but underutilized tool for future clean energy investment. Following an overview of the paper, guest speakers from the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) and the Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority of Ohio presented updates from their own innovative clean energy financing programs. These presentations were followed by an audience Q&A.
- Mark Muro, Senior Fellow and Policy Director, The Brookings Institution, Metropolitan Policy Program
- Toby Rittner, President and CEO, Council of Development Finance Agencies
- Lewis Milford, President, Clean Energy Group, Nonresident Senior Fellow, The Brookings Institution
- Jeff Pitkin, Treasurer, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority
- Paul Toth, President and CEO, Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority